Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2021 | Clasico: Fifty facts you need to know about Saturday night’s Clasico
Posted On April 10, 2021
Iin case you hadn’t heard, Saturday evening at 9:00 p.m. The classic time – and this one might be even more important than usual.
real Madrid host Barcelona, that they lag by two points and which in turn are only one point behind Atletico Madrid, which faces Real Betis on Sunday.
Here we review the 50 facts about Classic which you need to know before enjoying the game on Saturday night.
1.real Madrid have the historic upper hand, having won 74 of the 181 league matches between the two giants, while Barcelona won 72. There were 35 draws.
2.real Madrid have won their last two games against Barcelona, but they haven’t won three in a row since 1978.
3. Yes real Madrid win, this will be the first time they have won both LaLiga Santander matches against Barcelona in one season since 2007/08.
4. Only two goals separate them in league meetings, as real Madrid scored against Barcelona 291 times, while Barcelona found the back of the net against real Madrid 289 times.
5. It’s the first Classic will be hosted at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano. Whites have lost two of the three previous chances while playing Barcelona for the first time in a new stadium.
6.Lionel messi see you Classic goals than any other player with 26, followed by Alfredo Di Stefano and Cristiano Ronaldo on 18, while he is also expected to equal Sergio ramos‘record of 45 Classic play.
7.Messi also stands to join Xavi hernandez as the Blaugrana player who has played the most league matches against real Madrid with 29.
8. At this point in the season, real Madrid have only had more points four times in the past 10 seasons – winning the title in two of them – while Barcelona have had the same or more points in nine of the last ten seasons, finishing as champions in five of those.
9.Zinedine Zidane averages 2.24 points per game as real Madrid boss compared to Ronald koeman1.5 per game at Barcelona.
ten. Yes Koeman loses this match, he will be the first Blaugrana manager since Joaquim Rife in 1980 to lose his first two LaLiga Santander clashes with real Madrid.
11. This season, real Madrid score most of their goals between the 76th and 90th minutes, while the Catalans score the most between the 31st and 45th minutes.
12. At the other end, Whites concedes the most goals between the 46th and 60th minutes and Barcelona between minutes 61 and 75.
13.real MadridThe league’s 51 goals came from 13 headers, 10 left-footed and 25 right-footed efforts; Barcelona have scored 68 goals: five headers, 42 with left foot and 17 with right.
14. Those real Madrid goals included 42 inside the box, seven outside and two penalties, while Barcelona have scored 55 times from inside the box, eight from the outside, two free kicks and two penalties.
15.real Madrid have faced more shots this season than Barcelona, but less on target: 268 (91 on target) to 238 (98).
16.Sergio ramos only missed two Classic from his real Madrid beginnings, but Whites shot both: in the Champions League in 2011 and in the Copa del Rey in 2013.
17.Barcelona are LaLiga Santander’s deadliest shooters this season, with 19.3% of their shots hitting the back of the net, while real Madrid rank eighth with 16.6 percent.
18. The first objective is essential: Barcelona have won 94% of their LaLiga Santander games this campaign when they score first, while real Madrid win 84 percent of their matches after taking the lead.
19. This is the fifth time Barcelona and real Madrid clash on the 30th day with less than three points separating them. The last two times this happened, they drew (2002 and 2003).
20.Barcelona are going for their 10th consecutive away win in LaLiga Santander for the third time in their history, the last two times in 2011 and 2013.
21.Messi has not yet scored beyond Thibaut Courtois since the Belgian joined real Madrid, and he will seek to make him his fourth Clasico victim after beating Iker Casillas (17 times), Keylor Navas (five) and Diego Lopez (four).
22.Antoine Griezmann has scored in three of his last five away league games against real Madrid, but he has not yet scored against Whites have a Barcelona player.
23.Karim Benzema has scored at least once in his last six LaLiga Santander games and could become the fourth real Madrid player to score in seven consecutive league games in the 21st century, following Ruud van Nistelrooy (2007), Cristiano Ronaldo (four times) and Gareth Bale (2018).
24. That said, Benzema did not score against Barcelona in his last nine tests in all competitions.
25. Yes Marco asensio scores, this will be the first time he has scored in three consecutive LaLiga Santander games in his career.
26.Toni Kroos and Messi are the creative forces of their teams, creating 62 and 63 chances respectively, each having recorded eight assists. Only Iago Aspas has better numbers (50 + 10).
27.Marc-André ter Stegen and Courteous are the third and fourth goalkeepers in save percentage this season, with 76.6% and 74.2% respectively.
28.Jesus Gil Manzano, the arbiter for The classic, is averaging 4.38 cards per game this season and is second in terms of most fouls called and penalties awarded.
29.Whites are more dangerous from the corners, scoring six times from them in LaLiga Santander this season, while Barcelona scored three.
30.Barcelona clear the way for the passes made in LaLiga Santander (20531), with real Madrid second (17097).
31.Pedri played more games than anything Barcelona player this season with 43, one more Frenkie de Jong, and only missed one game.
32. For real Madrid, Luka Modric made the most appearances with 38, followed by Kroos and Vinicius Junior out of 37.
33. Players under 23 played 12,064 minutes for the Blaugrana this season and 6014 for real Madrid.
34. Of these young players, Pedri and Rodrygo goes have the greatest impact in terms of aid, with six each.
35.Vinicius is the best Under-23 player on either side, scoring six goals after his brace against Liverpool.
36.Barcelona share the goal burden better than any team in the top five European leagues with 18 different goal scorers in LaLiga Santander this season, an entire club record in the 21st century, tied with last season.
37.Messi maybe the best ever Classic top scorer, but he hasn’t scored in his last six games against real Madrid and never passed seven Clasicos aimlessly.
38.Griezmann could become the seventh player in LaLiga Santander history to score against Whites for Barcelona and Athletes, joining Marcial Pina, Marcos Alonso, Jesus Landaburu, Julio Salinas, Simao Sabrosa and Luis Suarez.
39.Zidane could exceed Jose mourinho in Classic won, because both have five wins. Only Miguel Munoz (16), Francisco Bru (six) and Luis Molowny (six) have more.
40.Barcelona have won five of their last seven away games at real Madrid in all competitions, but they lost on their last visit and haven’t lost two in a row since 2008, when Frank Rijkaard was head coach.
41. Saturday night will see Sergio ramos do not appear against Barcelona in LaLiga Santander for the first time since his arrival real Madrid, having played in all 31.
42. Returns are rare: real Madrid have won 10 of the 11 home games in which they have taken the lead, while Barcelona have won all 10 away games in which they have taken the lead.
43.Isco and Vinicius are the real Madrid players with the most substitute appearances, with 12 each.
44.Barcelonaof Francisco Trincao beats that number, having been used as a submarine 21 times per Koeman this season.
45.Casemiro opens the way for real Madrid in the following defensive categories: tackles made, blocked shots, interceptions, fouls and yellow cards.
46.Messi is BarcelonaThe offensive leader of the leader in these areas: goals, shots on target, shots on target, assists, passes in the opposing half of the field, crosses, dribbles and fouls received.
47.Courteous recorded the five shots Messi has taken his goal in LaLiga Santander matches since joining Real Madrid.
48.Whites have lost just one of their last 19 LaLiga Santander games, to Levante in January after losing three of the previous six.
49.Riqui puig (1.69 m) and Luka Modric (1.72m) are the shortest players who could The classic.
50.Gerard pique (1.94m) and Eder Militao (1.86 m), on the other hand, are the tallest.