Liverpool’s first team are enjoying a day or two off, but soon they’ll be in international service for some players and a few weeks of training for others.
Schalke forward on the Reds radar
Ozan Kabak may not be the only player to trade relegation with Schalke for title ambitions with the Reds this summer.
US striker Matthew Hoppe is the other, with Transfermarkt claiming Liverpool have “shown a fundamental interest” in signing him for less than € 10million.
The 20-year-old has two more years on his current contract, with Ajax, Norwich and Spurs, the eclectic mix of clubs who love him as well.
One to watch out for, but he’s certainly shown some promise over the past few months on a terrible team.
No Trent for England but Kelleher for Ireland
Weird but true: Reece James, in and out of the Chelsea squad, and Kieran Trippier, recently returning from a 10-week worldwide ban, are in the England squad ahead of Trent Alexander-Arnold.
Gareth Southgate says our right-back has given up on his high standards this year:
“I don’t think he’s played at the level he’s found in the last few years, but I think he’s getting closer now. He has taken steps in the right direction. I’m sure Trent will play a big role in the future. “
Well… your call, Mr. S, but we’re pretty happy that Trent isn’t playing a couple more games this month, even though the decision is terrible.
On the other hand, Caoimin Kelleher is in the Ireland squad after a recent injury which is great news. If he’s fit, he’ll make his senior debut, get more playing time and experience under his belt and claim to be the number one regular for the first time.
The future of the club
It’s never too early to look ahead – planning and preparation is how we’ve become the best team in the world.
LFC Quickfire News
- Reds fans would rather sign Haaland than Mbappe according to poll – do you agree ?! (TIA)
- Jurgen says the most enjoyable aspect of recent games has been the team-wide defense approach (LFC)
- Guinean boss Didier Six says he had to negotiate with Liverpool for Naby Keita to be allowed to travel and play the first game of this international break (SW)
- And seven players including Salah, Mane, Gini and others had a week off to recharge (Mirror)
Around the Prem
- Mohamed Elneny wants a new deal with Arsenal and why not you? They like the average in this club (ES)
- Antonio Rudiger says Spurs and PSG tried to sign him last summer, suggesting Tuchel made some pretty extraordinary efforts to change clubs just to get his man (Times)
- Michail Antonio chose to play for Jamaica over England … but they didn’t call him (Sky)
- And the Dybala rumor continues today with news that Juve are ready to sell him to Spurs or Chelsea. New contract coming soon! (Star)
Stupid decision of the day
Jesse Lingard is back in the England squad. That’s all.
Tweet of the day
Gareth Southgate – “No Liverpool player in the England squad”
Concert Square 5 minutes ago – pic.twitter.com/Lx9qQYk2F9
– MaccaS_Rants (@MaccaS_Rant) March 18, 2021
Worth watching tonight
Europa League so… it’s gone for Milan against United. Should be unhappy faces because of some late mistake somehow.