Instead of player action, it was the anti-Glazer protest by Manchester United fans that led the Premier League news this weekend.
Elsewhere, Inter Milan clinched their first Serie A title in 11 years and Rangers rubbed salt in Celtic’s injuries with a 4-1 win in the Old Firm derby.
We’ve brought together the best of the action on and off the pitch.
The best moment of the United event.
Dude was chillin ‘on the net at Old Trafford, another person threw a ball into the net and knocked it down 🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/gQDCWZtkoH
– Kyle Caldarelli (@ KAC443) May 2, 2021
Poor Jacob Murphy thought he had cornered Martinelli.
I love everything Gabriel Martinelli does. pic.twitter.com/J4iEHVHOes
– Harry (@RunReissRun) May 2, 2021
A velvety first touch from the Chelsea midfielder.
– LDN (@LDNFootbalI) May 1, 2021
Arteta’s first contact isn’t bad either.
– GoonerBets (@Goonersportsbet) May 2, 2021
Guardiola knows greatness when he sees it.
It’s clean. pic.twitter.com/s7ON2VB4mL
– Agon (@TheOneKun) May 1, 2021
We can’t help but admire this unique level of shithousery.
Bobby Reid tries to undo the Mendys gloves 😭
– Football Shithousery (@FootyRustling) May 2, 2021
There won’t be a lot of better hat tricks than that.
I went under the radar, but yesterday Harry Wilson had one of the best hat tricks you’ll ever come across. pic.twitter.com/Q62YAO11JK
– The beautiful game (@BeautifulGameJS) May 2, 2021
Morelos made sure that Scott Brown’s last Old Firm derby was to be forgotten.
A. Last. Dance.
Morelos joins Broony in a salty way to give the Rangers a head start. pic.twitter.com/C8hmkt38Wh
– Stuart Mac (@ottleti) May 2, 2021
It’s fascinating to watch.
Every angle is just pure 🔥 pic.twitter.com/HSutdboXRp
– Pena_Cartel (@Pena_Cartel) May 2, 2021
Lukaku enjoyed a solo victory parade after Inter Milan were crowned Serie A champions.
#Lukaku, in seventh heaven, celebrate in the streets of Milan: “Forza Inter my friend”
A fan shouts to him “you are a God”.
“Thank you Brother Champions !!!!” ⚫️🔵🇮🇹
– Daniele Mari (@marifcinter) May 2, 2021
It’s safe to assume that Neres enjoyed Ajax’s title win.
David Neres, I don’t know what to say about this guy anymore 😂😭 pic.twitter.com/gGcPBO0EtE
– 𝐀𝐅𝐂 𝐀𝐉𝐀𝐗 💎 (@TheEuropeanLad) May 2, 2021
We now expect Sergio Aguero to disguise himself as Spiderman.
– Russian football news (@RusFootballNews) May 2, 2021
What a strike.
Sancho just has that effect on defenders.
– The DFB-Pokal (@DFBPokal_EN) May 1, 2021
We can’t wait to see Buendia in the Premier League again next season.
– Canary Cast (@CastCanary) May 1, 2021
The former Manchester United winger isn’t scoring insane goals.
– Orlando City SC (@OrlandoCitySC) May 2, 2021
This nutmeg should come with a parental guidance warning.
– Football in Movistar + (@MovistarFutbol) May 1, 2021
It’s easy to see why there is a lot of hype surrounding the Liverpool youngster.
MATEUSZ MUSIALOWSKI pic.twitter.com/40pyKn8PC3
– 9 (@ F9Txrres) April 30, 2021
David Beckham, eat your heart.
GOLAZOOOOOO SERGIO ARRIBAS 😍😍😍
Castile 1-0 Badajoz! pic.twitter.com/Qku8t7IjSr
– Real Madrid Fabrica (@FabricaMadrid) May 2, 2021
From RB Leipzig’s summer signing, nothing less.
– Frank Conjaerts (@FrankConjaerts) April 30, 2021
Learn more about Planet Football
Watch: Man Utd fans take to Old Trafford grounds to protest the Glazers
A Forensic Analysis of the Battle of the Bridge: ‘The Most Shameful Game’
Can you name Arsenal’s all-foreign first starting XI in the Premier League?
Comparison of Solskjaer’s record at Man Utd to Mourinho’s at same stadium